The Great Minnesota Get Together
The Great Minnesota Get Together, for those who don't know, is the Minnesota State Fair. That's 10 days of fun, food, entertainment, and way too many people eating way too much food. That includes everything from alligator to zucchini and much of it is deep fried. The picture below is of Princess Kay of the Milky Way getting her head carved into butter. Fairly fascinating. I've always wondered if she gets to take it home...what then? Do you keep it in the freezer and carve a piece off to slather your bread? Interesting thought...!

Below is Brent. He is enjoying one of my favorites, Sweet Martha's Chocolate Chip Cookies and all-you-can-drink milk -- both chocolate and white. As you can see, he's enjoying himself now. He wasn't enjoying himself later when he had the opportunity to go and work in the deep fried pickle booth.

Below are some pigs. I don't like the smell of pigs. Or goats. I like cows...... Until next year...

3 Comments:
I like cows too! I had a cow named "Big Horns". She had big horns. Tom and I the great Minnesota get together, especially the fried pickles! - Trish
8:52 PM
oops.... Tom and I love the great Minnesota...
8:54 PM
State Fair fare: deep fried pickles, deep fried twinkies, deep fried snickers, deep fried zuchini....delicious, well at least for a while until that sick feeling sets in. how fun.
desi
brent's drinking the chocolate milk, right?
8:49 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home